Sunday

Another reason to leave Springfield...

Cheezies has closed. I'm so distressed about this that I felt the need to write a blog post about it. Cheezies was the best pizza place in town, and it was only $5 to get a medium one-topping. Instead, we have a new pizza place called McDucks, with higher prices and pizza that is nowhere near the garlicky greatness that was Cheezies. I feel like there should be a moment of silence.




Ok, that's good.


I realize this post is really lame, but I am tired because I have traveled from one end of the country to the other within the last month two and a half weeks (and then to KCMO after that), sustained two terrible sunburns, and fallen down the stairs of my apartment complex, so my normally superbad immune system is all, "Peace out, homegirl, I'm going on vacation, too" and now my throat hurts. Ok, so that may actually be from singing in the car for 3.274 hours to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. But still.

ANYWAYS, I know this post might be a bit of a disappointment, so I decided to include this picture that I think is funny to compensate. Enjoy.


UPDATE: Ok, so apparently I was a little quick to judge McDuck's...I got on their website and they are actually about the same price, and their thin crust is actually CHEAPER than Cheezies, coming in at a cool $3.99. We ordered a couple just now and I have decided to reserve judgment until I have tasted them.


FURTHER UPDATE: Please disregard blog post (except for the picture of the hubs and Peanut). McDuck's is pretty good. That is all.


EVEN FURTHER UPDATE: Apparently the place is actually called Muducks...WTF???

No comments:

Post a Comment