Sunday

So, on Saturday, I'm selling my life.

It costs $800+ to rent a moving truck and drive across the country. $800+!!!! As my husband would say, holy balls. This would all be well and good if we were two college grads with full-time jobs and a hefty savings account, but we are, in fact, two students with part-time jobs and empty pockets. Because of our lack of funding, we are unable to rent a truck, and because we are unable to rent a truck, we have to part with a lot of our STUFF. We're having a yard-sale on Saturday.

This isn't easy for me. I keep useless things for sentimental reasons; I feel guilty parting with 3-year-old wedding gifts from people I don't even talk to, much less that little candy dish that my great aunt gave me. Besides, this is stuff that the hubs and I made our life together with. Gah, the sentimentality!

Don't get me wrong, I'm ridiculously excited about getting away from here, forging my own trail, and doing something completely different than I ever expected to do in my life. But I'm also utterly terrified. I'm throwing myself into the void of the unknown, with the hubs as my only bungee cord. God, give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment