Tuesday

So on Saturday I sold my life...nobody wanted it.

I didn't do as well as I hoped at my yardsale. My mother and my grandma, both incredibly skilled in the art of yardsaling, were quick to explain that it was because we started at 10. I know, I know, yardsales are supposed to start at some ungodly hour when even the sun is smart enough to still be in bed. I didn't think it would make that big of a difference. Obviously I was wrong.

Also, did you know that people STEAL from yard sales? Because they do, apparently. A lady bought about $30 worth of video games (which we actually gave her a deal on...) and went back to the cabinet where we had all the games and DVDs. I noticed that she picked up three seasons of Nip/Tuck and was looking at them. I looked away, and when I looked back up, she was walking to her car. I went over to the cabinet to straighten up everything after she had rooted through it, and noticed they were gone. Now, I'm always prone to believing the best in everyone. She couldn't POSSIBLY have taken them, she simply sat them down somewhere else! I told myself. And after I had tea with a unicorn and ate a cherry cupcake with some rainbows and flowers, I looked around for where she had misplaced them. They weren't there! She really HAD taken them! At this point, she had already driven down the street, so it was too late to go after them. But after a careful inventory we discovered that she had also gotten away with a Christian CD. Go figure.

Now that the yardsale is over, I'm still coming away with a bunch of stuff and a farmer's tan (alright, alright, more like a sunburn) that could rival this guy's. Ok, so that could be a bit of an exaggeration. The main point is that I have to get rid of this stuff! I got actual price quotes from moving truck companies, and when you count both the truck rental and the fuel cost, we'd be spending less if we got rid of all of our old furniture and bought new furniture at Ikea. This time, sadly, I'm not exaggerating. So we're having ANOTHER yardsale this Saturday. And this time, we're getting up while it's dark outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment