Sunday

Sunday Scripture

I've decided, in an effort to motivate me to post more regularly, that on Sundays I will be posting a Bible verse that is meaningful to me in some way. We'll see if it works, or if I just get distracted and forget. I know that would not be surprising to anyone, as you all know that I am about as easily distracted as--hey, there's a flock of white pigeons outside my apartment (There really is. It started as one and now there are about 12. It's weird.)! Seriously, readers should be thankful that I do not blog my entire train-of-thought, because it frequently derails, and getting any semblance of a point across would take about 57 times longer than it already does. Anyways, before today's scripture, though, an introduction:

I'm still working on my 26 things list, but I have decided that one of my to-dos is either a Warrior Dash or a Tough Mudder event. I'm leaning more towards the Tough Mudder, because holy macaroni and cheese, Batman, how cool would that be? They SHOCK you. With electricity. Plus, you run through a fire maze and immerse your body in 30 degree water, which is almost cold enough to freeze Leonardo DiCaprio. This is something I need to accomplish in my life, and considering that my next few years may involve pregnancy, and I'm not sure 10,000 volts of electricity would be good for the baby, I feel like now is the time to do it.

The closest Tough Mudder is coming my way next April, so I started my training today. It's a good thing I started so early, because I barely made it through the weakest workout of the Tough Mudder bootcamp. I discovered that, contrary to popular my belief that I can, in fact, do push-ups, it turns out I can do a push-up before converting to the girly version. This brings me to the scriptures that I will be using as a crutch to carry me through: 

Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak (that's me, guys). Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. 

Happy Sunday, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment